Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Best Night in Ireland thus far....

Last night I went to a Celtic Band Concert. Charlie and the Bhoys. It was absolutly amazing and so much fun. They played traditional irish songs, like patriotic stuff and everyone was so into it. We got there so early though, like 2 hours so we just hung around till it started to fill up. And then they started playing and it was amazing. It was so exhilirating to see people so pumped up about there country. They were literally jumping up and down and being crazy. And they were dancing and had flags and they were all in green. It was so cool. I loved being so immersed in the culture. It was group of us girls and a guy I kinda knew Liam was there and he got us all into it and we were dancing around under irish flags and doing jigs. This is what I imagined study abroad to be like. And I loved every minute of it. I was really upset with my friends when they wanted to leave early. But I couldnt walk home by myself. So I had to go. boo on them. I really wish I could have stayed. But thats all for now. It was so much fun. I want to do it again, so bad. I guess I just need to make more irish friends.

He said is this the first time you’ve been to Ireland
I think I’ve seen your face before my friend you know
He said is this the first time you’ve been to Ireland
Well I hope we meet again before you go.

Pictures will be up on facebook soonish.

miss you all like whoa!

Slán agat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Facebook pictures are a must! I'm so excited to be coming and glad that my tickets are finally booked up. My mom had a dream that I couldn't book a flight so she made me do it like immediately. I'm going to Lord of the Dance this weekend. I know it's cheap, commercialized Irish dancing, but you know, it's kinda close. Anyway can't wait to see you soon in like a month!