Monday, January 1, 2007

So fitting.....

1:32 chicago time....only 6 more hours till i am on the flight to ireland. wow. i cant believe its real. it didnt even hit me last night when everything was packed and i was falling asleep. it didnt even hit me when i was on the flight to chicago. but now as i sit and wait for this plane to arrive its hitting me. my room mate will be meeting me here in about 4 hours and we will start this adventure across the pond. so today as it was hitting me that i wont be in the u.s.a for 5 more months, how would i commerate this day? i did it in a way only an american could, i got mcdonalds. as i enjoyed me chicken mcnuggets fries and a drink i embraced it because for the next five months im not american im irish. not the kind of irish that justs likes to boast that they have irish descent, im one of these as well, but an irishman(actually woman) who lives there. this is so exciting. how many people actually get to have an experience like this? not many i guess. i've known all along that this expeience is going to be amazing and i was excited but now with it actually upon me i feel like a five year old who just found out that she is going to disney world. i think finally the excitment is outweighing me missing everyone. not gonna lie im gonna miss you all like crazy but its finally dawning on me that in order to enjoy this experience i need to take full advandtage and not miss home too much. so thats what i am doing from now on im looking at this as "live these 5 months to the fullest that way when i come home i'll be able to tell amazing stories". this way i wont look back with regrets. i have only a few regrets in my past and i really prefer if not living this experience to the fullest was not added to the list. so im out cuz the battery is about to die on my laptop. but as stated in previous entry im excited. thanks to amy alot for the words of wisodm, i really appreciated them they helped to calm some fears and get me more excited. so here's to the last post from the u.s.a the rest will be from the emerald isle. love you all and happy new year.

Slán agat

4 comments:

George said...

i wont lie i am sitting on my bed right now at 2:31 am jan 2nd distraught at the idea that this has actually happened. ireland has taken you from me for 5 months and wont give you back. i always joked with you that you should just stay and well to be completely honest i guess i just never really let it sink in before now. i wish i could have seen you one last time before you left. have an amazing time and dont let any of those irish boys claim you because you are mine and im not good at sharing. i will miss you beyond belief, i love you soo much and be the liz we all know and love. i leave you with this.. May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

come back to me soon please :)

Pam said...

you should be there by now...but i haven't heard from yet

i'm trying not to be nervous and am blaming it on irish internet...

Sara said...

Please write and tell us all that you arrived safely.

I bet you're out having a good time. Whoop it up (yeah I said it) for me!

Kate said...

glad to see you finally got to that excited place :)

i know you're gonna be busy and jetlagged for the first couple days, so i don't expect an update right now, but as stated above, please let us know asap that you got there safe and everythings ok! love youuuuuu