Thursday, March 1, 2007

The strange and the absolutly adorable

Two posts in two days? Is it the end of the world? No, I just decided I wanted to update a little more. This probably won't last very long so enjoy it.

First for the strange. Today I was walking to the supermarket, because I was absolutely out of food. Literally I think I had half a loaf of bread and an egg. Not exactly the sustenance needed to live on huh? I diverge, anyways, I see this man as I am walking, with the worst comb over.....ever. No really, I don't think anything, anything will be able to beat this. The comb over consisted of maybe 20 hairs, maybe, I might be exaggerating. And these hairs were not long enough to stretch over this mans bald head, they stopped short of the half way point. The poor man looked ridiculous. His wife needs to help him out there.

Next, for the adorable. I meant to include this in yesterdays post, but I figured it was unnecessary. So when I was at the Glasgow airport preparing to come back to Ireland, a younger man, and his two children came and sat down in front of me. The little girl had a Ribena juice box (kinda like Ireland's juicy juice) and then set it on the table. When she wasn't looking a mean cleaning lady came and threw it away because she thought it was trash! Shocking I know! So the little girl goes back for it and its gone. She gets all upset and her dad is like I'll phone the guards. So he pretends dials his phone, and talks to them. And he says to the little girl 'They're going to find it, no worries love' and the little girl answers 'Please don't let them take me away.' Which I found to be absolutely adorable. So freakin cute, I couldn't help but crack a smile. I love little kids with accents.

Anyways today as been blah, I only have one class a little later and then I think we are going out to the pubs tonight. Yea :-D!

I did see a rainbow on the way to school. Ireland is pretty.

Slán agat

2 comments:

Pam said...

we got your letter today - it was lovely

expect an email tomorrow night after i finish my last midterm...assuming it doesn't kill me first


this semester sucks - come home

Anonymous said...

these are the kind of updates i like best. don't get me wrong, i love hearing about all the cool foods and pretty buildings and stuff, but my favorite stuff about other countries is the little things you notice day by day. little things like that adorable little girl with her father. reminds me of the little chinese girl who wanted a picture with me cuz i'm american and then kissed me on the cheek. its possibly one of my favorite pictures from china.

anyways, pam beat me to telling you we got your letter. it was lovely, and i see you used the stationary i gave you :) - one question - why do i have the blondest hair of everyone? wouldn't that be amanda?

and that comb-over does seem pretty bad - does it even beat mr. grady's?

and expect a return email from me too - i have nothing to do friday except laundry and pack :) miss youuuuuu

<3 Kate