Monday, March 5, 2007

To masquies:

To my masquies who I love (If you're not lasallian this post probably has absolutly no importance to you.)

I just have some advice. I know I'm not in the country and you all can take it or leave it. I've been being a creepo and spying on all of you and getting emails about stuff that is going on. I know I'm not there so I dont know the context of everything. But it seems everyone is beginning to hate each other and I hate that. People have differences thats true, but everyone in general in the Masque are pretty good friends, and I hate that things are falling apart. I want to come back to this organization next fall with things at least running and people being able to be in the same room.

Eboard elections seem to have destroyed everything. I admit last year I wasnt around for them so I dont know if the same free for all occured after them. But it seems this year the 'shit' is hitting the fan. Can't you guys all just have a big meeting and talk and get over this.

So heres my advice. Looking from the outside in. It seems to me all of this is petty. Who is running things doesnt matter. The point is the Masque is there so we can all do things we love; act, direct, do tech type things, and in general have fun with each other. Dont let stupid things get in the way of everything we all hold so dear. You dont all have to be best friends, but be civil.

And that ends my motherly type rant. I miss you all so much.

Slán agat

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Roomie,

You are so wise. We should post this somewhere where it will be seen. Until then...this will have to do. Miss you sooooo much. You come up in conversation a billion times a day. The townhouse is looking good for next year...International House of Roommates, or as Amanda and I discovered..."IHOR". Oh yeah.

<3 McGee

Val said...

You are how many miles away? And you still seem to know more than I do about what's going on! I miss you. I'd like to say that I've been *oink* practicing, but I haven't been. Mass hasn't been the same without you :-(

I bet you're going to have one kick-ass St. Patty's Day though, right?

-Val

Anonymous said...

I think your distance gives you wisdom. Its harder to look at things objectively here in the thick of things. But I feel like elections always throw things off a little like this. Hopefully it will just take a little time to settle back to normal.

Miss you soooooo much and wish you could be here.
<3 Kate